Thursday 2 February 2017

Stand Out



They say change is the new constant
But, I beg to differ.
They partied throughout the night
And I lay in my blanket concealing the quiver.

The tremors of loneliness shook me hard
The longing for companionship made me cry
As tears rolled down my cheeks
I took comfort in solitude and looked up at the starry sky.

The glistening stars above my head
Made me introspect and ponder
We tend to gaze hard at a single star
And ignore the cluster; a larger wonder.

I went on to realize after much thought
It is the single star which stands out from the rest
Embrace yourself for what you are
Following the crowd does not make you the best.

Change yourself to become better
Not to get accepted by the lot
Believe in yourself a little more
And chuck the miseries out that door.

No comments:

Post a Comment