Friday 10 February 2017

Disturbing Revelation



With misty eyes she left the hall
Head hung low like a heavy sack
Shattered spirits accompanied her
I called her name but she didn’t look back.

She left the room in utter haste
Attempting to conceal her tears
Sniveling sounds though gave away
Deeply burdened, she shut her ears.

The deathly silence was unnerving
A chilling shiver ran down her spine
When I approached the broken soul
She softly uttered that things were fine.

Words of condolence filled the air
To get an atomic message across
“Failure is success in progress”;
A small saying far from dross.

The consoling act continued unabated
 I solemnly spoke my mind
An outlandish question made me pause
Answers to it, I failed to find.

“Practice what you preach”, they say
Something which I seldom follow
This revealing thought opened a can of worms
Are the words I say simply hollow?





No comments:

Post a Comment