Wednesday 18 January 2017

A Humorous Dilemma



As I climbed up the never-ending flight of stairs
My head still throbbing from the cacophony
I heard someone laughing away to glory
I stopped to comprehend-was it genuine or phony?

Loud shrieks of happiness out of the blue
Followed by some moments of deadly silence
The joyous sounds hit my ears again
I concluded this not to be false pretense.

I resumed my journey up the stairs
My mind refusing to let go of the mirth
I tried shaking it off my stubborn head
But we tend to hold on to what we dearth.

The person at the other end
The source of laughter, I would say
Was he to be permanent in her life,
Or would the glory simply fade away?

The passage of time is a funny thing
You never know what games it shall play
One who seems like a live-long friend
May leave your side on some ominous day.

Let your happiness be a free bird
Scaling heights without any worry
Dependence may lead to deception
And laughter will soon turn into fury.







No comments:

Post a Comment